Let’s agree, no one likes to get old!
Or, to borrow from the ancient Greeks: Life is a play with a very bad last act.
And while there is an influx of lotions, potions, botox and a few other treatments in the market, by and large they deal with the effect.
But what if you worked on the cause of aging? Long term ailments, highly processed foods, stress and ongoing exposure to environmental toxins can result in persistent low grade inflammation that researchers are linking to premature aging and diseases such as heart diseases, diabetes and cancer. Intervention to preserve cell structure and function, can slow down the aging process enabling us to maintain a healthy, youthful and supple body.
Top 5 Anti Aging Tips
Implementing the following life habits can help neutralize, and remove, the causes of premature aging, as well as improve and increase longevity.
- Prevention: regular screenings helps identify, prevent and treat premature aging related diseases
- An Anti inflammatory diet: high in colourful fruits, vegetables, herbs (such as berries, curcumin and ginger) and omega-3 essential fatty acids (from fish, flaxseed, and walnuts oils) is loaded with antioxidants that help counteract cell damage due to inflammation. Supplanting it with multivitamins, multi-minerals and antioxidants, assures proper body function
- Blood Sugar Balance: Maintaining a low glycemic index diet and avoiding insulin fluctuations reduce the body’s production of cortisol, a hormone that stimulates aging
- Caloric Restriction: Studies link reduced calories to increased longevity and decreased age related diseases
- Stress Reduction: implement daily, forty to sixty minutes, stress reduction practices such as exercise, meditation, tai chi and reading books daily